At one point, Cliff was a famous race car driver. After an accident, Cliff's brain was transferred into a robotic body by Dr. Niles Caulder. Cliff soon after came to live with him and a number of others in his house.
In 2018, Cliff called Gar Logan out for leaving the house. When Gar claimed to have left just to get a new video game controller, Cliff pretended to leave, but he returned as Rachel Roth showed herself. He took the two of them up to the main part of the house, but as Cliff scolded Gar, Rachel went wandering, finding herself in the kitchen. Larry Trainor and Gar were in agreement about having Rachel stay for dinner, rather than Cliff wanting her to leave, so he resigned. During dinner, Cliff watched as Rachel ate her food, jealous that she could taste it. Helping him to understand how they tasted, he happily announced that she could stay. During dinner, the Chief appeared, home early from a trip, and so the group went to assist him with a new patient, Shyleen Lao. Following this, they all sat down with Caulder for some tea, during which the doctor explained how they had saved them all. Later that night, Dick Grayson and Kory Anders entered the mansion, Cliff and Larry attempting to get rid of them. However, after the two helped to calm down an enraged Rachel, Cliff and company let them leave, suggesting Gar go with them and have a life.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Enhanced Strength: Due to his robotic physiology, Cliff is capable of lifting much more than an average human, which is demonstrated when he lifted up a piece of street in order to create a barrier against Rita Farr.
- Driving: Being a former race car driver, Cliff possesses some driving capabilities.
- Swimming: Cliff has mentioned that he used to swim before becoming a robot.
- Dancing: Cliff has mentioned that he used to love dancing before becoming a robot.
Behind the scenesEdit
- In the DC comics, Cliff Steele is a member of the Doom Patrol known as "Robotman".